Additional Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

Moths and some Hare raising additions

A brief afterwork visit on the 21st was principally to do a bit of netting with my new sweep net, to see if I could nab a few moths. As I pulled up, a Brown Hare showed very nicely for a minute until it sloped away as I exited the car. Still, its always good to get a new mammal tick, they are hard to come by.
The mothing produced Brown Silver line, Silver Ground Carpet, Red Twin Spot Carpet and Grey Pug ( a lifer). So a very productive 30 minutes. Just imaging what I could bag if I ran my trap...thats for the future ?

Over the weekend, I managed a bit more wandering. I swelled the moth list a little more. Common Carpet and a couple of Micro's, Pammene aurana, and  Alabonia geoffrella ( lifer too).

Just call me Geoff
The first Beautiful Demoiselles were recorded on 4th May, think I forgot to mention it. They are a bit more numerous now and a bit more relaxed, so here is one from this weekend.

New Hemiptera species, a smart Rhabdomiris striatellus




An attractive Wasp beetle, there was a mini emergence of these.



Other Coleoptera, stalwarts Malachius bipustulatus, and Cantharis Rustica also chalked up whilst in beetle mode. 
The plant list to ID grows evermore. Large and Small White Butterfly belatedly added 

Total 256

5 comments:

  1. If you are struggling, post one or two plant pics, i would be interested in anything of note or whatever.....

    Laurie -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, will try and put together a section, maybe as a seperate page ?

      Delete
  2. Geoff is a bit of a stunner isn't he!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it always feels like a bonus getting new moth species in the field without using mercury vapour lights !

      Delete
  3. Fine or just stick one or two up in the normal posts?

    Laurie -

    ReplyDelete