Additional Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

Doorstep Smörgåsbord

Over the Weekend I managed to see my first hirundines of the year, some Sand Martins over the Moors pool  Upton Warren during an hours visit Saturday. I also managed to catch up with a bird I classify as a lifer , although I did see one in my younger birdwatching days many moons ago, a male Ring Ouzel over the border in Shropshire.

Male Ring Ouzel



I enjoyed walking some parts of my local patch that are a little quieter and provide some habitat that could yield something interesting in the coming months ( I was 90% sure I had distant views of a 'goody' on Sunday, but need to revisit and get better views first, so watch this space !). Chiffchaff numbers on the patch increased and one or two have obliged for a quick pic.


Chiffy

The warm weather has provided an opportunity for a few more butterfly shots, especially the obliging Peacocks, but the butterfly highlight for me so far this year was a fly-by male Brimstone that got me all excited as it flew past me along a woodland ride. I've also connected with a couple of male Orange Tips, but they were viewed through my bins, busily charging around and refusing to come near enough  for photo's.
Peacock

  Finally this week some Bluebells appeared on the patch, and now we are told to expect snow !!
Bluebell's on the patch

2 comments:

  1. April is a fickle month weathewise, it'll soom warm up again :-) Good luck with the spring migrants! ( and Butterflies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Warren, last Easter I was spoilt, it was 2 weeks later, warm and loads of stuff on passage, I fear this Easter cannot live up to those heady few days..but fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete